Merrifields

Merrifields
Our Growing Family

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Update

So I haven't been very good at keeping my blog constantly updated. I have many excuses, don't have time, don't feel like it, computer is not working, don't have pics to upload yet and they go on and on. But I decided once and for all that even without photos I would at least update everyone on the family.

Lets see, the school year has been a crazy one. Getting Sydney started with a charter school has been quite a journey. First I have to get used to all the "technology" and when I finally settle in then something new comes along. I'll get it one of these days. Lucky for her she is fabulous with technology. So far she's on track to get straight A's for her first 9 weeks.

Sebastian has been struggling with focus and attention to detail on his work and well I think we all know I'll have more patience for that once this baby is born. He really loves history and science though and has started writing a book. Each week for his writting assignment he adds a chapter. I must say its pretty good. Handwriting and spelling aside he has a great imagination.

Seth decided to get in on the action this year and so has his "school time" too. Basically its just a notebook with sheetprotectors with all the letters of the alphabet upper and lower with pictures. We spend like 15 minutes a day going over the letters and he draws with expo markers on the pages he chooses for the day. Then we work with some letter magnets on the fridge and finish up with singing time. Its lots of fun. Especially when its over and time for nap!

Sean joins us for singing time each day and he loves it too. He loves to dance along with the music and always claps when its over. I have taken him to a couple of shows this year at the theater and he always seems to know when its appropriate to clap. He just learned to walk a few weeks back and is just walking all over now. He just celebrated his first birthday on Sunday and we had the usual cake for him to dig into. If I ever get the pics from that I'll post them they are adorable.

Daniel works very hard at work and when he is not working can usually be found in front of his motorcyle or trying to fix our lousy computer.

Me you ask? Hmmm where to start. Had a bout of a tough time there for a bit but I have fully bounced back and seem to be constantly in motion. I guess I'm nesting. I even cleaned toilets if you can believe that! I've been crocheting a lot lately and have even completed a fun project of making a Teddy Bear start to finish even with clothes all crocheted and it turned out great! I'll post those pics too if I ever get them. I am already trying to adjust the pattern to include boy bears and making them smaller and things like that. I guess I just can't leave any recipe or pattern alone! I got a little over worked over the last week and dehydrated and sorta went into labor. It happened with sean too and well all they did then was to rehydrate me and then give me some pill to stop it. This time I rehydrated myself and the labor pains slowed and then stopped so for all of you trying to worry about me I am fine and so is Sky. I am seeing the doctor later today and I'll let her know.

I guess that is our family. Oh and then of course last weekend we went on a family camp out. It was "an adventure" to say the least seeing as it thunderstormed that night and we all got wet and well the kids had fun anyway. They got to fish and we cooked out. Lucky for us it only rained at night. It was cool. My back will suffer for quite some time but it was worth it to see Seth so involved and having so much fun and to just spend time with my family without the world closing in.

Thats it around here. I promise I will post photos when I get them and will try and be better about updating this thing!

No comments:

Summer